LinkedIn now added the ability to record and send voice messages up to one minute in LinkedIn Messaging. This is more easily and quickly communicate in your own voice with your connections.
Why use voice messaging?
- Easily message on-the-go: People speak about four times faster than they type, making voice messaging great for explaining longer or more complex ideas without the time and involvement of typing and editing a message. It’s also helpful for when you’re on the move and don’t have time to stop and type.
- Get to it when you can: Leaving a voice message can often better for a recipient than calling them since they can listen and respond when they have a free moment.
- Better express yourself: Speaking in your own voice allows you to build a more personal connection and effectively communicate. It’s easier for your tone and personality to come through, which can sometimes get lost in translation in written communications.
How to record?
- Simply tap the microphone icon in the mobile messaging keyboard.
- Tap and hold on the microphone in the circle to record your voice message.
- Release your finger to send.
*If you want to cancel before sending, slide your finger away from the microphone icon while holding it down.
Download now in the LinkedIn app :
The voice messages you can receive on mobile and on web. This feature will be available globally to all members in the next few weeks. Hopefully this new feature makes easier than ever to communicate when you want, how you want with your professional community.