After much anticipation and leaks, Google has finally officially launched its latest pure Android phone, the Nexus 5 which is manufactured by LG.
On the outside of Nexus 5, you’ll find a 4.95-inch 1,920 x 1,080 display, an 8-megapixel camera on the rear, and a 1.3-megapixel shooter up front. Internally, the Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 2,300 mAh battery with wireless charging, either 16GB or 32GB of on-board storage, and, unlike last year’s Nexus 4, LTE connectivity right out of the box.
The Nexus 5 will ship with Android 4.4 KitKat pre-loaded. The latest version of Google’s mobile operating system isn’t a huge leap from the previous Jelly Bean iterations, but there are a few notable additions. For one, users can now choose their default text messaging app—so if you would rather use an app available through the Google Play store instead of the stock app or Google Hangouts, the choice is there.
Google and LG’s Nexus 5 is available now through the Google Play store in the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, and Korea, and will cost $349 for the 16GB model and $399 for the 32GB version.
Full Technical Specifications[more…] SCREEN
- 4.95” 1920×1080 display (445 ppi)
- Full HD IPS
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- 1.3MP front facing
- 8MP rear facing with Optical Image Stabilization
- 69.17×137.84×8.59 mm
- 4.59 ounces (130g)
- 2300 mAh
- Talk time up to 17 hours*
- Standby time up to 300 hours†
- Internet use time up to 8.5 hours on Wi-Fi, up to 7 hours on LTE‡
- Wireless Charging built-in
*Testing was conducted by Google using preproduction Nexus 5 devices and software. Talk time tests used default settings with Wi-Fi off and LTE on.
†Standby time tests used default settings with LTE on and Wi-Fi connected to a test access point. Wi-Fi internet tests had Airplane Mode on with Wi-Fi connected to a test access point, while loading three popular websites cached on a local server. The Nexus 5 loaded a page, waited 40 seconds, and then loaded a page from the next site.
‡LTE internet tests had Wi-Fi off and LTE on, and used the same testing method as the Wi-Fi internet tests.
- Built-in speaker
- 3.5mm stereo audio connector
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800, 2.26GHz
- GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- NFC (Android Beam)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 2G/3G/4G LTE
- North America:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
- WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
- LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
- Rest of World:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
- LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20
- Choose 16GB or 32GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less)
- 2GB RAM
PORTS AND CONNECTORS
- SlimPort™ enabled
- 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- Dual microphones
- Ceramic power and volume buttons
- Proximity/Ambient Light